When stuffing your pillow insert into your cover, you must first identify the size you need. This is determined by how plump you want the finished product. For pillow covers that are 17" x 17" and smaller, we recommend getting a pillow insert that is 1" larger than your cover. For covers 18" x 18" and above, we recommend getting an insert that is 2" larger than your cover. For more info on choosing the correct size, see our article on what size pillow form to buy.
Once you have the correct pillow insert, just follow these easy steps:
- 1. Lay out your unzipped pillow cover in front of you on a flat surface.
- 2. Gently fold your pillow insert in half and hold the two sides together with one hand.
- 3. Keeping the insert squeezed together, hold open the pillow cover with your other hand and gently pull the cover over one end of the insert.
- 4. Carefully work the cover over the insert until all four corners of the insert are inside the cover.
- 5. Once the entire insert is inside the cover, gently straighten and position the insert so that all four corners are in place in the corners of the cover.
- 6. Now you are ready to zip up your cover. Gently and carefully zip along the track, making sure that no loose threads or fabric gets caught. In the event of a jam, slowly reverse the zipper and try closing it again.
Click here to download a pdf version of these instructions.